There are only a few more days of 2019 left. It’s odd to think that this will be my last post of the decade on this blog. No pressure, eh? I did consider writing a sweeping review piece but then thought better of it. Reflection is best done in private. Besides, 2019 didn’t go by like a regular year. It came along and punched us in the face. Let’s leave it at that.
Instead, I will leave you with a list of all the posts I published this year. Ultimately, that’s what I was thinking about in 2019.
I wrote one every week, so there are 52 of them – over 41,000 words in total. Not gonna lie, some weeks, the struggle was real to keep up the discipline. Some posts tanked while others resonated surprisingly well. It didn’t kill me, and it shows that a small habit can go a long way if you stick to it for long enough.
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for following my blog. Thank you for reading, liking and reblogging. I appreciate your generous support.
2020 will be busy. I will be launching a writing-related business in the next couple of months and sharing it on the blog so stay tuned for that.
Stay safe on New Year’s Eve, and I’ll see you in the new year!
2019 in 52 Posts
Note: the links lead to my Tumblr which is a mirror of this blog.
- #76: The Negative Review Paradox
- #77: In Praise of Bad Fiction
- #78: Becoming Polynovelous
- #79: Not Feeling Like It
- #80: A Day In The Life Of A Writer
- #81: What Inspires Me
- #82: On Regularity
- #83: The Bookshop Anxiety
- #84: It’s an Excavation!
- #85: Airplane Mode as a Way of Life
- #86: The Person Behind the Story
- #87: A Walk From the Library
- #88: Brain Surgery for Writers
- #97: The 15-minute Challenge
- #98: Daily Writing Routine Tips
- #99: Having Written
- #100: Thank You for Reading
- #101: Writing for Fun or Profit?
- #102: Don’t Break the Chain
- #103: Do You Just Write?
- #104: The Sting of Rejection
- #105: Side Gigs for Writers
- #106: Ship Your Art
- #107: What’s in it for the reader?
- #108: Keeping At It
- #109: New Things Coming
- #110: Writing Against the Odds
- #111: Practicing Writing Without Actually Writing
- #112: NaNoWriMo for the Rest of Us
- #113: Is It Worth It?
- #114: Writing and Stress
- #117: What’s Good Enough?
- #118: A Friendly Reminder
- #115: Secret Project Update
- #116: The Prolific Life
- #119: Where Do You Start?
- #120: On Looking Back
- #121: Why Don’t We Read the Books We Buy?
- #122: Axioms of the Creative Life
Thank you for reading! If you liked this post, leave a comment or share it on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or email.